Friday, September 19, 2008
Research Report
While writing this report I learned many things about digital art. The most significant thing I learned is that society will reject anything if it is forced upon them. Which is why I believe they do not approve of digital art as a new branch of art. Photography had the same problem but they handled it differently, they just went along doing their work and let society name them and declare their work as a branch of art. Digital artists, on the other hand, declared themselves to be a new field. This upset society and therefore they reacted badly to it. So it is feared that digital art may never be respected like photography all because of how it was presented to society. I also learned that there are many different types and subcategories of digital art, like photo-painting, digital collage, etc. Digital art does not change the artwork itself, just the process by which we make the piece.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment